[PLUG-TALK] Local Professional Photo Labs?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 17:44:58 UTC 2007

Brent Rieck wrote:
> Russell Senior wrote:
>> I've got a kodak carousel projector,...

> The whole "illuminate, focus, and increment through the tray" seems like
> the easy part to me.  Making the scanning apparatus fit into a lens
> barrel form factor seems like the difficult and/or expensive part, I'd
> be curious to know if a manufacturer has tried.

Several years ago I thought about the idea of someone making a 35mm
format display screen and using the carousel projector as the back
light. I think the conclusion at the time was that, while it could work,
that wasn't where the money was, and it would have been a limited
market. That probably applies in this situation, too.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens