[PLUG-TALK] alternatives to Qwest long distance

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 18 22:25:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Galen Seitz wrote:

> We make all of our long distance calls using our cell phones. Nonetheless,
> I like to have the option to make long distance calls on our land line.
> Right now we're paying Qwest $1 a month for their most basic long distance
> plan.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a company and plan that would:

Galen,

   A couple of months ago I dropped the Sprint long distance service on our
home line, but left it on the business line. They have a minimum charge of
$5.00 per month. I use the landline only when I need to call Canada because
their charges are less than those of Verizon Wireless.

   You might take a look at Unicom. They're in Bend and used to do inter-lata
calls for me.

   Otherwise, these are two you can cross off your list.

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)