[PLUG-TALK] smtp.comcast.net is down

Russell Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Oct 21 00:01:20 UTC 2007

On Oct 19, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! What's a business to do? (My ISP is not comcast,
> so I
> ask just out of curiosity.)

Well, what I do is have my domain email go through a hosting service.
I only use the connectivity part of my comcast connection.

Unfortunately, when I moved into this house, Verizon decided to
provision my phone line as a digital loop, even thought I
specifically requested to transfer my existing DSL...

Since they decided to ignore my request, I decided I didn't need my
Verizon land-line anymore... :)

Russ