[PLUG-TALK] Probable New Linux User Needs 'Net Access

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 26 16:43:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Russell Senior wrote:

> I'd recommend something like this:
>
>  <https://shop.invictusnetworks.com/detail.php?id=3006>
>
> or if you want/need something lower profile:
>
>  <https://shop.invictusnetworks.com/detail.php?id=3005>

   These are excellent suggestions, Russell. I'll wait until he gets a new
system, then he can decide how best to go for a WiFi connection.

> You are of course at the mercy of whoever owns the access point.  If they
> unplug it or move it into a less favorable place, you are SOL.

   True. I'm curious if there might be other APs within range. My little
detector may be able to help determine if there are any others.

   I wonder how many old Portland neighborhoods have the same issues of very
poor telephone lines, no DSL, and other 'Net connectivity issues.

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)