[PLUG-TALK] Telephones - where to get

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 16:43:02 UTC 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I bought my original pair at Office Depot, and the current pair
> (Panasonic) via the Web. I've not seen any that require a wall wart for
> power. The current set use 3 AA batteries just to light the line lights,
> otherwise they run of the POTS juice.

We tried a Panasonic phone from Office Max a couple of years ago. There
was some odd incompatibility between that phone and the other ones in
the house, so we took it back. It required a wall wart, too.

>   One caution: when you're considering a model to purchase, check
> whether it can actually work with plugged in headsets.

Not necessary for our situation. I use my cell phone for business, and I
have a blue tooth headset for it.

> Happy hunting,

Thanks. We're off to Home Depot, now.

--