[PLUG-TALK] Indoor walks

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Sep 5 04:49:01 UTC 2007

Off topic, but that is what plug-talk is for.

Walking is a good way to socialize.  When it is dry and sunny, many
of my friends may be willing to walk around quiet neighborhoods or
parks and talk.  That is cheaper, quieter, and healthier than
restaurants and other meeting places.  And you don't have to clean
the house before inviting people over.

However, it rains here, and many people (including myself) dislike
walking in the cold and damp.  So, where are good indoor places for
walking around?

The biggest indoor places I know about in the Portland area are the
Intel Ronler Acres plant (inaccessable) and the OHSU/VA complex.
Malls like Washington Square, Clackamas, and Lloyd Center are big
enough to be walkable, but usually too crowded to freely talk about
private stuff.

Any other ideas?

Keith

P.S. Perhaps we can occasionally have "Linux walks" - lose weight and
lose M$ at the same time.