[PLUG-TALK] TREO 650 vs newer versions

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 04:50:22 UTC 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

>    I'm not sure of the differences, but the 700p does all that I want and
> need. One trick it took me a long time to learn for successful synchronizing
> with jpilot is to plug in the cable (it's USB) and let it sit a couple of
> minutes or longer. Then press the sync button on the cable end, count slowly
> to 5, then press the sync button on jpilot. Apparently, the /dev/USBx are
> not created until the device is plugged in, but it takes a bit of time for
> the application to recognize their existence and communicate.

While it doesn't take as long as a couple of minutes, I have noticed a
longer than expected delay sometimes when I connect my smart card reader
(to download photos from my Canon Rebel). Maybe the devices are being
too gentlemanly during their handshake, each insisting that the other go
first.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens