[PLUG-TALK] LED lights - was Compact Fluorescent Bulbs

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Sep 22 00:33:57 UTC 2007

Rogan Creswick wrote:
> On 9/21/07, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> wrote:
>> For about <missing sentence fragment> I just bought my mother-in-law a pair of clip-on
>> LED lights for her closet. They have 5 or 6 LEDs on a 3" diameter puck,
>> and are powered by 2 or 3 AAA batteries. They put out enough light to be
>> good for task lighting. It shouldn't be that hard to feed them with a
>> power supply in a manner similar to the CFLs.
>
> Where did you find those? (and were they reasonably priced?)

Oops! I see from my fractured sentence that I left out that part.

The pair cost about $15. I'm pretty sure we got them at Home Depot. If
you go to http://www.homedepot.com/ and search on led, the second page
has something similar, and a better deal: 3 pucks for about $19. I'm
guessing that similar products should be available at Lowe's, and
various hardware stores, too.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens