[PLUG-TALK] YAY I SUBSCRIBED! I think.

Pomeroy Lab ultumix at mindblowingidea.com
Tue Apr 1 17:43:08 UTC 2008

Ultumix is not a company but a distro made by USA Computer Tech Computer Rescue that is free for us to share with others. However due to the restrictions from Adobe no one can redistribute it without permission from Adobe so that is one draw back however I don't think people will care about this restriction because I know of people who redistribute it anyway and I'm not stopping them.

As far as a Google group the only problem is that the SF.net forums work so well for us already and so many people use them that we don't want to break away. If there was a way to start a mailing list using SF.net we would do it. Can we?

Rogan Creswick <creswick at gmail.com> wrote: On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Pomeroy Lab
 wrote:
> We don't have a mailing list because no one that understands mailing lists
> will join our group or help us.

A google group would probably work well for you.  I manage one for my
soccer team and it's painless.  It's at least worth looking into --
there may be restrictions based on the commercial status of the
organization/company (Ultimix).

--Rogan