[PLUG-TALK] Cell phone repair in Portland?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 05:16:28 UTC 2008

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Google is not helping here. Mr. Cell went through washer-dryer this evening.
> Sad little thing, bless his heart. But he looks repairable. Is there a
> business in Portland that can restore his happy little face?

A number of years ago I spent a few months working the tech support desk
at AT&T Wireless at Mall 205. One of the things I learned is that
electronic gadgets and water do not mix. If you are fortunate enough
that the power was off when the water event occurred, after a thorough
drying out your phone could work again -- for an indeterminate, but
likely short period of time (weeks, months, not much longer).

The problem is that if the water wasn't distilled (as mentioned by Ed)
corrosion will set in. It may take it a while, but eventually some part
of the circuitry will develop an open, or a short due to that corrosion.

I'd start thinking about an upgrade.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens