[PLUG-TALK] Comcast and home networks

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Apr 21 02:47:21 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us> writes:

Michael> Great, I'm all set now.  I had the presence of mind to grab
Michael> the MAC address from their computer yesterday.  I can
Michael> preconfigure a Netgear running OpenWRT as needed before going
Michael> down to do the install.

My understanding is that you don't *need* to clone the macaddr, but
you might need to power cycle the cable modem for the new macaddr to
get recognized.  Although, if you wait long enough, that might work
too.  Power cycling is usually the fastest/easiest.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net