[PLUG-TALK] Plastic bags over mirrors

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Dec 22 17:35:21 UTC 2008

Beaverton, 15 inches and snowing.

My wife is a doctor - we prepped one car for emergency travel this
morning.  After using a heat gun to clean and dry the side mirrors,
I figured out a trick - I covered them with plastic vegetable bags
and large rubber bands (the kind they sometimes put around broccoli).

The mirrors should stay ice-free and dry until we need to drive the
car.  Here's hoping we don't.  Cross country skis work great, though.

See you in the spring ...

Keith

BTW, now that I /know/ the trick, a little Googling revealed that I'm
not the first.  But I haven't seen any other parked cars prepared
that way, so perhaps this is useful information for some of you.