[PLUG-TALK] The trouble with different browsers... (Michael Robinson)

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Dec 26 21:48:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 06:27 -0800, MJang wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 00:21 -0800, Mark Turner wrote:
> > >

> > > I don't mean to poke holes in your thought on the subject, but the
> > > first amendment to the US Constitution does in fact state:
> >
> > The Supreme Court doesn't interpret the constitution to mean that
> > the state can disregard all religions when it comes to religious
> > matters.  Marriage is a religious matter.
>
> For legal purposes, marriage is a civil contract. Marriages under
> Justices of the Peace are not blessed under any religion.
>
> > And the two become one flesh.  Man and woman are two halves of the
> > same creation.  Only 1 man and 1 woman constitute the halves of
> > the human person.  Not a man and a man.  Not a woman and a woman.
>
> Your opinion. I see no facts or data w/r/t the rest of your argument.
> Even if your hateful argument were true - civil rights, if the US
> applied it to all in marriage, would give gay couples the right to try.

Hateful argument?  The definition of marriage being between 1 man and 1
woman is hateful?  So be it.  The existence of justices of the peace
does not make marriage a non religious matter.  If marriage were truly
a non religious matter, no religious body would require it's members
to go through a religious ceremony to be married.