[PLUG-TALK] Show respect for other opinions...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Dec 26 23:38:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 14:27 -0800, Mark Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Michael Robinson
> <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thou shall not kill.  There is blood on Obama's White House.  Obama is
> > immoral.  This is a fact.
> >

> What? Come on Michael.. lets bring facts to the table not opinions
> when stating something like that. Once again I'll go ahead and follow
> your logic and blame Catholicism for the 5,000,000 deaths between
> 1000-1200, oh and I'll go ahead and assume that Christianity has
> tonnes of blood on its hands for every murder committed in its name.

Stop mischaracterizing the middle ages.  The state was in control, not
the Vatican.  People think the inquisition was one execution after
another, but it was not.  Obama wants abortion to the point of being
opposed to a partial birth abortion ban.  He wants to put special rooms
in hospitals and clinics to help women "feel better about losing their
children."

> But seriously, those arguments have no bearing on todays world. I
> cannot blame a current church or a whole population as a whole for
> things that were done a thousand years ago, just like I cant blame all
> of Christianity for something a few people choose to do in its name.

Again, all you had to do in most cases is repent.  And again, mostly
kings and local officials were in control over the populace, not the
Vatican.  Lastly, the Church has apologized for the excesses of the
middle ages.

> Lets get some facts, quit believing the spam.

It is a fact that Obama is immoral.  He doesn't even believe in
bringing Bin Laden to justice favoring Bin Laden's murder instead.
There is no such thing as spam on an off topic and potentially
flammable list.  If my opinions and facts bother you, you can
get off of plug-talk at any time.