[PLUG-TALK] {Spam?} Remove Obama from office!]

Richard Powell plug at hackhawk.net
Sat Dec 27 20:13:52 UTC 2008

> I've seen that
> same sex unions don't work and they are harmful to society IMO.

opposite sex unions/marriages don't work either.  You are aware of the
marriage failure rate.. no?

> Same sex union and same sex "marriage" threatens the family which
> is a necessary societal institution.

There is no threat.  You are *afraid*.  It is a perceived threat on your
part.  Hence, you are homophobic.  Admit it.

Gay couples having sex and uniting do not threaten my family one bit.
The thing that threatened my marriage (and destroyed it) was that my x
wife wanted to have sex with other people.  Tell me, in what way could
gay couples EVER threaten my family more than my x wifes infidelity?

Is it threatening because if you were to see gay people together, you
might be tempted to experiment with the same sex?  Sorry, I just don't
see how it could in any way shape or form threaten a family.

You are homophobic.

> And again Jeme, marriage is a religious term.  If it weren't, no
> organized religion would require a couple to go through a religious
> marriage ceremony to be "married."  I'm not against someone if they
> happen to be homosexual.

You are most definitely against them if you do not allow them to live
their life in peace and equality.  If you demand that they are UNEQUAL,
then you are most definitely against them.

> I am against them if they try to hijack
> the word marriage and demand state sanctioned civil unions.

Fine on the word marriage.  But not allowing civil unions makes them
UNEQUAL in your eyes.

Richard