[PLUG-TALK] straw poll - the Michael Robinson effect

Richard Powell plug at hackhawk.net
Sat Dec 27 21:37:09 UTC 2008

> Does Michael Robinson's political writings make you:
>
> (1) More likely to work for Republican candidates
> (2) More likely to vote for Republicans (but not otherwise get involved)
> (3) Not increase your political activity one way or another
> (4) More likely to vote for Democrats (but not otherwise get involved)
> (5) More likely to work for Democratic candidates

.. 3 ..

I'm very familiar with his perspective as I used to get it from my
Brother all the time.  We entirely agree on ALL other issues but this
one..  So we've stopped discussing it (at his wish).

The one thing I don't understand about him is his extremely homophobic
stance.  He has yet to properly defend his position/stance, and he gets
so worked up about it, it's just bizarre.

I always wonder how such a STRONG supporter of freedom and less
government can possibly advocate denying someone liberty.  Freedom and
liberty means that you support ALL peoples rights, even if you
personally find them distasteful (I would say *especially* when you find
them distasteful).  This is true liberty and I'm baffled why so many
supposed freedom lovers oppose this basic concept when it comes to gays.