[PLUG-TALK] straw poll - the Michael Robinson effect

Michael michael at jamhome.us
Mon Dec 29 19:44:14 UTC 2008

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
Does Michael Robinson's political writings make you:

> (1) More likely to work for Republican candidates
> (2) More likely to vote for Republicans (but not otherwise get involved) (3)
Not increase your political activity one way or another
> (4) More likely to vote for Democrats (but not otherwise get involved) (5)
More likely to work for Democratic candidates

If I did not have mail from Michael Robinson redirected to a kill file my
answer would be 5.  Michael's posts strengthen my resolve to continue working
for, and contributing to, the Dems.

> If you are already the kind of person that is spending almost every
available hour working for one of those political parties, or you wouldn't
vote for the other party if your life depended on it, or you have more
important things to do with your time than participate in politics, then
your answer is probably around (3), regardless of how you feel about what
Michael writes.  I expect a lot of (3.X)s from most honest folk.

I disagree with Keith's analysis in that paragraph.  As you can see from my
answer if you fall into one of the groups that Keith describes but Michael
Robinson's posts strengthen your resolve then a 1 or 5 response is
appropriate.

I had to go visit my michael-robinson file to be sure of my answer, but after
reading through a collection of his recent posts I'm sure my answer reflects
my convictions.

The one about removing Obama from office I found especially mis-informed and
appalling.

--
  Michael "please don't confuse me with Robinson" Rasmussen
   http://www.jamhome.us/