[PLUG-TALK] Replacing USB cable end

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Feb 11 22:35:57 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard C Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> writes:

Richard> This morning my cell phone told me I was using an unapproved
Richard> charger.  It's the same one I've been using for almost 2
Richard> years. I took the phone and charger to the Verizon store
Richard> where the young lady told me the pins on the phone end of the
Richard> charger had worn out. I ended up getting a replacement at Car
Richard> Toys that will work in the home or the car.

Richard> Meanwhile, has anyone tried replacing the plug on a USB
Richard> cable? It's usually not worth the trouble, and that may be
Richard> true in this case, too, but I'm too cheap not to think about
Richard> it at least.

I've done it with full sized USB-A connectors.  I bought some USB plug
kits from mouser.com.  Looking just now, I didn't see the equivalent
for mini USB plugs, but I didn't look very hard either.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net