[PLUG-TALK] Resolved: Audacity - Equalization for 78s

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Fri Feb 22 20:17:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:34:42AM -0800, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> I discovered that Gramofile will happily "find tracks" on any .wav
> file (duh - didn't think of that before), so I'm recording with
> Audacity to use their speed

If you're talking about splitting a single file, containing an entire
side of a record, into multiple files, one per track, Audacity does
that. They call it "find silence" (or something similar). Audacity
also has a noise-filtering plugin that works pretty well. Not sure how
it would do on occasional clicks and pops, though.

--
Paul