[PLUG-TALK] Any Dia Users Here?

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:23:19 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 3:34 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>    I cannot figure out how to shrink it down. The FAQ, tutorial, 8-year-old
> manual, and wiki have no information on this. I also cannot export the
> drawing as a .png; no error given but no file is on the disk.

What version are you using?  I've had no trouble exporting to png
(version 0.96.1).

You will probably have better luck (and at least more options) if you
export to some form of SVG.  (If all else fails, it can be opened in
Inkscape and then you can export with specific image dimensions and
dpi).

Postscript would also be a good option, but I wouldn't use anything
bitmap-based if your intent is to resize (even for reductions --
vector-based images will still probably be sharper.)

--Rogan