[PLUG-TALK] Scribus: Using Templates

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 2 00:08:40 UTC 2008

   I recently upgraded Scribus to 1.3.3.12 and lost the option to open a new
file from a template. I even downloaded the tarball of extra templates, set
the directory in which they were installed in the preferences dialog box,
but cannot get them to appear when I try to create a new document.

   The scribus docs are like a Hoover. Search for 'template' and get
everything but information on templates. Go to their web site under
Support->Documentation->Templates and they tell you what a template can do
for you, but not how to make the %%$#*^ things visible.

   While I've not used scribus in several months, earlier versions used to
have a File menu for New from Template, or words to that effect. Don't see
that here.

   If you know how to access the templates, please share this secret with me.