[PLUG-TALK] Changing Address Book Properties in Thunderbird

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 00:03:24 UTC 2008

I manage an e-mail list. It's a simple process where I collect all the
e-mail addresses from the members and send them out to everyone that
gave me their address.

I find that they prefer HTML formatted e-mail. I can switch back and
forth as needed with T-bird, but many of the entries in my address book
have the property, "Prefers to receive messages formatted as:" set to
"Unknown" or "Plain Text".

The problem arises when I try to send HTML e-mail and get the dialog box
asking me if I want to send as plain text, HTML, or both.

I'd like to change all of those addresses to have HTML as the
preference.  Does anyone know if this can be done as a batch operation?
I've tried Google and the T-bird help pages, but don't find anything
useful.

TIA.

--
Regards,