[PLUG-TALK] Website "security" questions

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Mon Jul 28 22:02:10 UTC 2008

The reason they do the security questions is that there have been tests and
it has been shown to improve security and there are papers about it.

But more importantly, the lesson of the next generation, which my daughter
taught me is that just because they ask you a question does not mean that
you have to give them the official story. You can be anything you want on
the internet. And since they do not check the answer against any database,
it is simply a Key/value pair.

If they ask A, I respond B

If they ask "Where were you born?" I respond B

So you are getting excited about nothing, since you don't need to give them
any meaningful data, only data that is rememberable by you.

John Sechrest .
Corvallis Benton .
Chamber Coalition .
420 NW 2nd .