[PLUG-TALK] Noisy Notebook Drive

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 11:23:01 PDT 2008

The bootng has utils on the boot CD that can do that as can gparted.
Although I think you want to copy the win98 partition to the new drive not
mirror it.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a 600E Thinkpad with a noisy hard drive. It currently runs
> Win-98. What I'd like to do is to replace that drive with a larger one
> so I can dual boot it to some version of Linux. When I get the new
> drive, is there some way to partition it ahead of time, mirror the old
> drive to it, and then install a version of Linux? I do not have the
> "recovery" disk for Win-98 for it.
> --
> Regards,
> Dick Steffens
> _______________________________________________
> PLUG-talk mailing list
> PLUG-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org
> http://lists.pdxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-talk

More information about the PLUG-talk mailing list