[PLUG-TALK] Power Outages & Battery Backups

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Jun 11 20:39:43 UTC 2008

For PGE knows why, I've been experience brief power outages (10 seconds
or less) out here. Last week they had the effect of taking out my Linux
machine. I used to have another machine in the basement on its own
battery backup, but have not been running it for some months. The unit
in my office also had the cable modem, router, and small switch on it.
Earlier this week I took the unused battery backup unit from the
basement and moved the cable modem, router, and switch to it. I've had
two power outages since then and have not lost the Linux machine.

Must be the battery backup the Linux machine is on is right at the limit
for load. I guess I should start thinking about a higher capacity one
for the next machine.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens