[PLUG-TALK] reel to reel

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Jun 13 19:21:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:56:42AM -0700, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> Russell,
>
> I have been unable to find the information on the service I used years ago.
> But in searching, I found that http://approd.com/rates-us.html performs
> many services.  Perhaps they could direct you to a Portland-based outfit
> which could handle reel-reel.  Also, searching for music studio might
> generate some leads.
>
> Wait!
> http://www.homevideostudio.com/video-services/158/video_production_services.cfm
> lists reel-reel conversions.

I have an ancient Sony quarter-inch tape deck;  if the capacitors
haven't died in it, it can play reel-to-reel tapes into line-out,
which can be fed into a sound card.  I'm not volunteering the time,
but I can loan the machine for a while.   Along with the machine, I
have one reel-to-reel tape I would like digitized, a 1972 speech that
Buckminster Fuller gave at the opening of the PCC Sylvania campus.

I probably ought to get a few other historical things digitized, too,
(the first space shuttle liftoff from the press area at KSC, a Eugene
McCarthy visit to Oregon in 1968) but so much to do, so little time.