[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] Windows can ruin your life ...

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Wed Jun 18 13:27:25 UTC 2008

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147213/a_misconfigured_laptop_a_wrecked_life.html
> snurl.com/2ka04
>
> If your IT department doesn't configure your Windoze computer correctly,
> it can ruin your life.  Of course, this can happen with Linux, too, but
> you have to work at it.
>
> Keith

Gee ... where to start?

1. The IT department there was clearly incompetent, but I don't see that
one can blame Windows for malware or pornography, any more than one can
blame the human body for the common cold virus or the victim for a murder.

2. Other than Red Hat, are there any major corporations in the USA where
*any* form of Linux is the *dominant* tool set in the IT infrastructure?
Is that even true at Red Hat?

3. Is the IT infrastructure at Sun based on Solaris?