[PLUG-TALK] Firefox 3 easter egg

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 23:57:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> dijo:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Alan wrote:

> >> The page title is "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"
> >>
> >> Is that meant to be jibberish, or is there some l33t reference I'm
> >> not getting?
> >
> > Watch "The Day the Earth Stood Still".  Classic Science Fiction
> > movie from the 1950s.  (And one of the few good ones from that era.)
> > It is a line from the film.

Sadly, the story is full of so many holes that no one found it
worthwhile, even at the time.

First, the dude from the saucer comes from a gazillion parsecs out in
the universe, yet his appearance is totally human. Analogs do occur in
evolution, but that is just not possible.

Second, the line "gort! klaatu barada nikto," as pronounced by the
space dude, uses 100% American English phonemes. Explain how that
happened.

And I could go on for pages.

Cool special effects though, at least considering the eopch.

And totally cool easter egg.