[PLUG-TALK] Available Fonts in Firefox on Ubuntu

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 01:34:43 UTC 2008

I'm working on a small web site that needs to display a somewhat fancy
font. I'm designing the site on my Ubuntu machine and looking at it with
Firefox. I don't expect the fonts to look the same in Firefox on Ubuntu
as they do in Firefox on XP, but I expect there to be something in the
font family that is at least similar enough to get the idea across.

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a cursive font family for
Firefox on Ubuntu.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/FontFamilyTest/

As you can see from the screen shots, there is a cursive font on XP, but
not on Ubuntu. Is there a way to fix this so I can see cursive fonts in
Firefox on Ubuntu?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens