[PLUG-TALK] Available Fonts in Firefox on Ubuntu

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 18:38:56 UTC 2008

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I have no idea of the answer. But I'm watching this thread with great
> interest. Displaying fonts on web sites is a matter of great interest
> and concern to me. I hope web gurus will respond.

Well, I found what I needed to find, but it's not a great answer.

The unfortunate thing seems to be that the cursive family is not defined
by the distribution. A way is provided to fix it for myself, but the
average users may have no idea it's missing their installation. I will
experiment some more to see what works for me, but I'm disappointed with
that aspect of the distro.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens