[PLUG-TALK] OT: Oregonian, Happiness is a cold television

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon Nov 24 18:41:32 UTC 2008

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Way off topic:
>
> The Friday Oregonian street edition apparently had an article
> titled "Happiness is a cold television, study finds".   I did
> not buy a copy from a vending box, expecting to find it in my
> Washington county home delivery edition.
>
> No such luck.  Oregonlive.com shows the first few lines, but
> clicking on the link comes up with "Story not found".  I was
> unable to find it in the google cache.
>
> I am curious about the alleged study - the article itself is
> probably fishwrap.  I could come up with all sorts of theories
> why the article disappeared online and was not in my home delivery
> edition, but a conspiracy is unnecessary when stupidity suffices.
>
> Did you get an Oregonian edition with that article, and can you
> give me the name of the study?
>
> Keith

Front page, top of the fold, Saturday sunrise edition: "Happiness is a
cold television, study finds".  It was from the New York Times News
Service.  I couldn't find it on the Oregonian's web site either.
Here's an alternate writeup:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/custom/today/bal-to.hs.briefs240nov24,0,6832180.story

--
Galen Seitz