[PLUG-TALK] OT: Oregonian, Happiness is a cold television - Thanks!

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Nov 25 02:56:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:47:39AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Wow, Keith! That's about the most ambiguous paragraph of yours I've read.
> It appears to be an example of multithreaded thoughts. At least, I hope that
> it is!

Sorry for the terse text.  I set up a memorial wiki, and needed some
bits and pieces to get a few more machines working and on line for
relatives to use for entering memories.   Items such as a replacement
PATA hard drive for a laptop - difficult to find retail these days,
and mail order can be slow.  I don't like 80 mile round trips in
traffic, but MicroCenter not only had the things needed, but a
competitive selection of them.  Sorta like Fry's with IQ 90 instead
of IQ 80 help, better selection, and fewer rewrapped returns.  I wish
we had a MicroCenter around here - I might never go to Fry's again.
The nearest are Santa Clara, Orange County, and Denver.

>   My condolences to both of you.

Appreciated.  My wife now understands what I was going through after
my mother died a few years ago.  My mother-in-law was a friend, and
it is sad to lose a friend.  Losing a blood relative, though - with
all the intellectual preparation in the world, it still feels your
guts getting ripped out.  This touches much deeper and more basic
brain structure, and you just need to make the time and space for
it to happen and to heal, on nature's own schedule, or it is like a
badly set broken bone for the rest of your life.  My job is to make
that space for my wife, and writing to a wiki is one way for her
and others to bring out the feelings and memories that need airing.