[PLUG-TALK] Meteor observed 514am

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Nov 28 03:07:21 UTC 2008

East Multnomah? County meteor

At 514am, while on I405 eastbound to the airport, south of downtown,
 approaching  the Marquam bridge,  I saw a very bright apparently
descending light directly in front of me (about 10x brighter than
a streetlight).  Approximately a 0.7 second flash, starting at
20 degrees above the horizon and ending 10 degrees, followed by
a much dimmer continuation.  The apparent angle was 10 degrees
from vertical, tending north.

It was the brightest meteor I've ever seen, and I've watched a
few meteor showers for most of the night.

On the economy shelter bus, I talked to another couple that saw it.
They were on the Marquam bridge.  The woman said it was pure white,
and appeared as a vertical tapering cone to her.

I figure some programmers are still up at that hour.  Did anyone
else see this?