[PLUG-TALK] mySearches google gadget

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Oct 26 20:09:01 UTC 2008

For those of you that set your home page to iGoogle and have added
a few gadgets, I suggest you look at the mySearches gadget from
madmaxmatze.de .  One search text window and a selectable icon bar
that lets you search for that text with many different search engines.
I have my icons set to Google Books, Google Linux, Youtube, Amazon,
Ebay, Imdb, wikipedia, sourceforge, perldoc, and about a dozen others.

The author is responsive about adding search sites, and expects to
provide some programming features for personalized searches soon
( I want to include addall.com, some county libraries, craigslist,
translation, weather in other cities, etc. ).   This substitutes for
a dozen other gadgets, and really cleans up the iGoogle home page,
a Big Deal given my 1024x768 laptop screen.

There are some similar gadgets with text-based selection, and I
normally prefer text to icons, but they take up more room.