[PLUG-TALK] Anyone here work for ODS?

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 20:29:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

> This is way off topic, but ...
>
> I seem to recall one of the PLUG folk works for ODS insurance.  I
> have a problem - I'm not getting bills, only late notices.  The
> witless phone droid insists that the bills are going out, but after
> the fourth missing quarterly bill I doubt it.  I sometimes lose
> bills, but not four in a row from only one place.  I've seen all
> the late notices and all the statements for my wife's services.
> I imagine this does no good for my credit rating.
>
> Since most of ODS's clients are employees on their employers
> group plan, and I am self-employed in a group of 2, I suspect
> that my bills are being routed by some buggy code to my "employer",
> AKA /dev/null.  Hard to tell from out here - ODS is opaque.

Not answering the question, and veering off-topic even more,  I have noticed
an increased
frequency of mis-delivered mail in general.  In the past year there have
appeared in my mailbox,
more pieces of mail with addresses not mine than in all of the previous 25
years I have lived in my
house.  Some are off by an address on my street;  many have been same number
different street.
One reverse instance involved my insurance payment being returned to me
officially stamped
 'address unknown'  *in the agency's own self addressed postage-not-required
envelope*.
While I agree with you that it may well be some buggy code, do not discount
the possibility that
USPS is beginning to suffer from infrastructural Alzheimer's.

- tony