[PLUG-TALK] Laptop Key Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 2 08:15:52 PDT 2009

   The Ctrl key cap came off on our Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop and I'm having
problems putting it back on. The cap is flat but fits on studs on the
underlying frame. That frame is spring mounted on the base. I cannot hold up
the frame to properly fit the cap back on. When I do get the cap on, it's in
the down position rather than the up position. Not having a working Ctrl key
is a PITA.

   Do we have a keyboard repair expert here? Is there some place closer than
far southwest Beaverton to have it fixed? Do I need a complete replacement
keyboard?

   Thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.

TIA,