[PLUG-TALK] Preposterosity nominorum

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:02:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

>    A female personal trainer at the gym is named Harmony. I am curious
> whether she has a slightly older sister named Melody.
>
> Rich

My daughter played softball (middle school years) with a pair of sisters
Harmony and Melody.  They played well together.  It's a small world; I
wouldn't be surprised.

But we digress...

Luxotica impresses me preposterous, reminiscent of Bond Girls names
in the Sean Connery days.  All of the men's names sound like they are
from Charles Dickens,  J.K. Rowling, or Lemony Snicket.  Ethelbert
Buttersby get my vote...reminds me of Ethelred the Unready, which carries
an inherent preposterosity.

- tony