[PLUG-TALK] LoJack and Alternatives for Mac

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:43:22 UTC 2009

I have used Lojack for Laptops and it worked as advertised. Now my
laptop was never stolen so I couldn't verify that how hard they work
to recover the stolen merch but they do have a customer site where you
can login and see the software *pings* out to the server so if it were
stolen you'd have a place to start.

On 4/29/09, MJang <mike at mommabears.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Just wondering if anyone here has any knowledge/experience with LoJack
> for Laptops and their alternatives. As my wife would like that set up on
> her MacBook, the alternatives I've found are:
>
> Lojack for Mac
> Undercover (from Belgium)
> Gadgettrak (a local company)
>
> I'd sure like to buy local, but have no info on the history of
> Gadgettrak.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Sent from my mobile device