[PLUG-TALK] Greetings from Mordor

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 17 15:42:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Again ... test please.  It is a pain in the a** to set up somebody
> else's recommended tool and then try to debug it if it doesn't meet
> expectations.

   You should have LaTeX already installed with your distribution.

> And no, 16 point type does not belong on a slide, just like 2 point
> type does not belong in a document. Never use less than 30.

   When it's projected on a screen it's very readable. I use the Beamer class
default size and it looks great because it's typeset.

   Regardless, I forwarded an example of text rendered at 2400% by Adobe
reader and saved as a .pdf by someone on the LyX mail list who creates
posters this way. He generates a page-size poster and has the printer scale
it to the desired output size. This list doesn't allow attachments so it
went directly to Keith.