[PLUG-TALK] Point Size

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Aug 18 20:22:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:49:00PM -0700, Ronald Chmara wrote:
> I haven't seen an old school projector in years. I'd likely swoon, or faint,
> or both. I used to hate the crappy laser printed ones, but if you're doing a
> 100 point scatter plot, hand drawing that just isn't a lot of fun.

I've still got one.  True, I haven't used it for a while, but if my
computer projector fails,  I'm ready.  I could probably add an
acetylene lamp to it if the power fails.

> I've got the finger burns and exacto-scars and permanent memories of the
> scents of wax, and later, rubber cement. Hand set and pressed type was more
> of an art project in my early days, but I know a well sorted type box when I
> see one.

My hat is off to you, sir, if I can figure out where I stored it.
Perhaps we can laser-cut some cuneiform together.

> Enjoy:
> http://www.drawger.com/?what=shows&show_id=32

A great page indeed.  Interestingly, it does not show aerosol drafting
film cleaner.  Not only is this good for cleaning drafting film, it
is also good for spraying over a net full of children's balloons.
The little droplets weaken the latex, cause stress risers, popping
them.  In a few seconds, you can take out thousands.  It sounds like
the battle for Stalingrad.   Great for opposing balloon releases at
political rallies, or merely bringing a pre-school to tears.

That is probably why the stuff is so hard to find, and put on web
pages.  I keep a can or two handy to thwart political charismatics.