[PLUG-TALK] Resolved: Rumor Control Websites

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 26 05:12:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:39:31 -0700
"Richard C. Steffens" <rsteff at comcast.net> dijo:

> So, for convenience in archive searches, here are the three sites mentioned:
>
> http://www.hoaxbusters.org/

So I go to hoabusters.com and I am presented with the fact that:

Your IP is 24.21.200.228! Your ISP is Comcast Cable! You are running
Linux and using Firefox! Welcome to Hoax Busters!

Apparently they are very excited by my appearance on their website.
Exclamation points notwithstanding, I am dismayed that evidently
everyone can tell my IP address and even what OS and browser I am using.

My question is, is there a way to hide such information from websites?