[PLUG-TALK] Used bicycles in Portland?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 22:25:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:17:29 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

> >    The first time you crash and scrape from ankle to hip, and need to shave
> > around the wound so it doesn't get infected, you'll appreciate not having to
> > do the shaving around abraded tissue.
>
> Perhaps this bicycle riding thing was not one of my better ideas.

More seriously, I went out for a couple of km. today and discovered
something. The last time I really rode a bike was 20 years ago. I find
that 20 years ago I was considerably more intrepid than I am today. I
am no longer willing to trust my ears to tell me if there is a car
behind me. And if there is a car behind me, I am no longer willing to
trust that the driver will leave me enough room to get past a parked
car. Also, apparently my neck is not as flexible, because it is really
hard to turn and look behind.

I am off to Community Cycling Center to see if I can find a rear view
mirror. It has to attach to my helmet, though. I don't wear glasses and
there is not room on the handlebar.

Better idea: Get a mini-cam and have it surgically implanted in the
back of my head, with the wires brought forward and connected to my
optic chiasm.