[PLUG-TALK] Talk - financial aid options

Larry Williams larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Wed Dec 9 17:37:53 UTC 2009

Michael wrote:
> I have a niece with divorced parents.  As she prepares for her first
> year of college her dad is stonewalling on providing the information
> needed for financial aid applications.  This is consistent with his
> shirking child support payments....
>
> For you PLUGers in college, do any of you know what my niece's options
> are for working around her dad's refusal to cooperate?

She should consult with a lawyer.  By themselves they're expensive, or
will receive a large portion of the award as payment, but (and I hate to
sound like an ad) through a membership plan they're quite affordable (as
low as $17.00 per month in Oregon).  Anyone is free to email me off list
for details.

Larry