[PLUG-TALK] Bluetooth For Cell Phone

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 01:51:47 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
>    One concern of mine is that my left ear is dominant so that's the side I
> use for all telephony. It's also adjacent to the vehicle window and so
> closer to any wind or other external noise. I may go with a wired headset
> that has a tube extending toward the corner of my mouth. They're much less
> expesive, don't need to be recharged, and may work better for my limited
> use.

Both of the Motorola headsets have ear hooks that are reversible. I
prefer to hold a land line handset in my left hand, probably because
that's what I always did, and I always did it because I'm right handed.
I reversed the hook on my first headset so I could wear it on my left
ear. For the reasons you mention, plus because the hook came from the
back and had a tendency to fall off, I left the new headset alone so I
wear it on my right ear. Turns out not to be that big of a deal for me.
If it should fall off, at least it won't go out the window when the
weather allows the window to be open.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens