[PLUG-TALK] Keyboard super-sucker

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 01:15:50 UTC 2009

I have discovered that there is a rather massive amount of lint/hair
under the keys of my Thinkpad. I'm pretty sure it came from Cat-Boy,
though it's hard to be sure because his hair is the same color as mine.
But there is so much that if it was mine I would be just about bald,
and I have a full head of hair.

I've been poking at it with the favorite geek high-tech tool: a
straightened paperclip. The Thinkpad manual says the keyboard is water
resistant, but makes no mention of paper clips. Therefore, the
paperclip is probably a bad idea.

I tied a shop vac, but it doesn't suck enough.

I also thought of installing Windows, because nothing sucks as much.
However, the feature list for Windows doesn't say anything about
keyboard cleaning.

So what do y'all do to clean your keyboards?