[PLUG-TALK] A "Green" Idea For Some Entrepreneur

Michael M. Moore michael at writemoore.net
Tue Feb 3 23:35:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Michael M. Moore wrote:
>
>> People *leave* the soap and shampoo in the room when they check out?????
>
>   Yup. Many (if not most) do.
>
>> And then, what, go out and buy "travel-size" soap and shampoo for their
>> next trip?
>
>   No. They use the new ones provided by the hotel when they check in. Too
> many hotels replace them every day even if the stay is multi-day.

I think I don't frequent those places as a rule.  I tend to stay at
small hotels or B&Bs.

The first time I stayed at a resort-type establishment was when, due
to an illness, I got to go to sales conference at some golf resort
near Tuscon, AZ.  At least, I think it was near Tuscon -- I never
actually saw Tuscon, only a vast green lawn in the desert.  I was an
editorial assistant [translation: marginally glorified secretary at
1/3 the salary, a job for which you need a college degree even though
you spend your day typing and filing], on starvation wages and living
in an apartment the size of a postage stamp that nevertheless consumed
almost half my salary in rent.  The hotel room was about three times
the size.  I took everything I could carry that wasn't nailed down
back to NYC, including all the soap, shampoo, conditioner, creams,
pastes, etc.  I even took the extra bottles of jam that came with
breakfast.

Michael M.

--
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add