[PLUG-TALK] MRC - Should marriage be open to homosexual couples? - MRC

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Feb 5 10:19:20 UTC 2009

What does theocracy mean?  It means rule by God.  I have
never advocated the replacement of civil government by a
representative of God or God himself.  I'm not hiding
behind God in any of my arguments just as you are not
hiding from Him in yours.

I have never said, "It isn't me, it is just what God has
told me to say."  If God had told me to say something, I
hope it would sink in better.  Nobody wants to be a
prophet because prophet have a tendency to get killed.

"Today, it is seven years since my Nancy left this world.
We chose not to have children. It is just about four years
since I married my Donna. We choose to not have children."

A shame really, I'd like to see a child of Ronald Reagan
in the white house instead of Obama and Biden.  That child
wouldn't be old enough today, but that is beside the point.
How did they choose not to have children?  Did they pray
about it?  One doesn't know from the context given.

There is God's law and there is man's law.  I have not
suggested that God's law should entirely replace man's law.
That said, man's law should not replace God's law.  Man's
law should take inspiration from both God's law and natural
law.  One cannot legislate God away anymore than one can
control whether or not they come into existence in the first
place.  It is impossible to control death, even assisted
suicide can fail with severe consequences.

Well I can't look at the link you give because ProCon deems
it inappropriate.  Maybe you shouldn't write stuff that it
thinks is inappropriate.  The provision for religious
freedom in the U.S. Constitution does not make America a
theocracy.  There is no state religion nor have I advocated
for one.  You are a coward Mike Jang.  You can't argue with
me, so you accuse me of advocating a theocracy which you
think you can argue with me on.  Your mode of operation
is intimidate, intimidate, intimidate.  Anti religious
cowards don't scare me.

Let's see if the Catholic Church is pro theocracy for a moment.
Pope John Paul II, John Paul the Great, scolded a South American
priest for his political activities.  He didn't praise him.  He
scolded him.  There have been radical sisters who are pro abortion,
pro women priests, pro you name it and very politically active.
They do not represent the universal Catholic church and the pope
does not listen to them.  The Catholic church does not condone or
promote radical Islamic Jihad which as a goal seeks to subjugate
the whole world under Islam.  Radical atheists who seek to erase
all religious: symbols, beliefs, and standards from society are no
better than radical muslim extremists.  Religious freedom is one
of the hallmarks of America's democratic society.  Obama and people
like you are trying to destroy seperation of church and state and
religious freedom.  Obama's pledge to sign FOCA could mark the
beginning of a new period of persecution for Christians.  All would
be lost, but the Supreme Court is still fairly conservative and
providing balance, I hope.