[PLUG-TALK] MRC - Should marriage be open to homosexual couples? - MRC

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Feb 5 21:24:27 UTC 2009

The Catholic church is not a theocracy Mike Jang.  If it were, it would
seek to replace all civil governments world wide.  Instead, priests and
bishops are openly discouraged from being politically active.  Not only
that, the church restricts itself to commenting on matters of faith and
morals.  Freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion.  FOCA
is not about choice, it's an attempt by Obama to shove abortion down the
throats of everyone who is opposed to being associated with it in any
way shape or form.  It goes against recent legislation that has limited
abortion and court actions that have upheld parental notification.  It
is a crime that a child must die.  The Catholic church is not a
democracy either.  Your opinion on what Catholic teaching is doesn't
mean jack squat unless you agree with the teaching authority.  Your
opinion of what the constitution means isn't worth jack squat if
you disagree with the courts.  Deal with it, America is not in a
state of anarchy.  Doctor assisted suicide in Oregon is a temporary
blemish that will go away in time.  More people are becoming elderly
which means that there will be more pressure on people to commit
suicide as medical costs rise.  That will create a backlash in time.
If you want a theocracy, move to Iran.

> If God had told me to say something, I
> hope it would sink in better.  Nobody wants to be a
> prophet because prophets have a tendency to get killed.
>
>Which suggests that you don't even believe that the Bible is the
>word of God. Well, there we agree.

No it doesn't.  I never said that the bible isn't the word of God.  I
don't depend on the bible alone.  Of course, not all of it is verbatim
the word of God.  The bible has poetry and non literal legends in it
for example.  the purpose of these is to get a certain point across
or in the case of the poetry it is often man crying out to God.  Just
because someone doesn't tell me to say something, that doesn't mean that
what I am saying isn't what they would say.  Your logic is flawed Mike
Jang.  We don't agree on anything of substance, on anything.  My
arguments do not 100% depend on God and even if they do, that does
not automatically make them losing arguments.  A coward who is afraid
of God won't listen to an argument from a God centered point of view.
No, that is not a theocratic point of view.  Theocracy means rule by
God which would mean God replaces civil government.  God rules my
moral life in all areas whether I am interacting with civil
government or not.  He has not chosen to replace civil authorities,
my faith doesn't advocate for that, and I don't advocate for that.
That said, my values are part of my character and I never check
them at the door like some people.

Obana has no moral core.  His pledge to approve FOCA is proof
of this.  FOCA will force doctors to give up their practice or ignore
their moral values.  It will cause a culture war the likes of which
this country has never seen.  It may precipitate a second Civil War.

Your intimidate, claim that I agree with you, accuse me of inconsistency
strategy is getting old Mike.

Federal law respects recognition of God.  Why don't you Mike Jang?  Is
in God we trust a problem for you?  How about God bless America?  Are
you a person who shuns the flag, someone who is unpatriotic?  God hates
homosexual and transsexual sex acts.  If you are a woman, be a woman.
If you are a man, be a man.  Nothing else is acceptable.

And no. marriage is not for homosexual couples.  Civil unions are too
much as it is and they provide any and all legal arrangements that these
couples could reasonably ask for.