[PLUG-TALK] Is this Marriage Right or Wrong? (possible MRC)

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Feb 10 20:47:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 12:23 -0800, Michael wrote:
> Robinson has stated the purpose of marriage is to make way for the creation of
> God's children.  (or something similar to that)  By his definition a marriage
> that produces children through the sexual activity of the couple is a valid
> marriage.
>
> I know two women who are married and have two children.  The children are the
> result of sex between the married couple.  No other people were involved in
> the conception of the children.  No doctors, no sperm donors, noboby.

There are not two married women, people of the same gender are not
capable of marrying each other.  It may be that one of these women
is not in fact a woman.  In order for two "women" to have a baby
without artificial means or one of them being a man in reality
requires a sperm donor.  And it is not the production of children
that makes a marriage valid, it is openness to the creation of
children that does.

> Would you (especially you Michael Robinson) consider this marriage valid?

Marriage is an institution that requires a man and a woman.  A man that
calls himself a woman is still a man.  A woman that calls herself a
man is still a woman.  As far as is the marriage valid is concerned,
were there witnesses to the marriage and were both parties free to
marry?  If they are religious, did they follow the rules of their
faith pertaining to marriage?

> BTW - the state they live in is Washington, which does not recognize gay
> marriage but does recognize their marriage.

Because we are talking about a man and a woman obviously.