[PLUG-TALK] MRC - Re: It is time to recognize gays as equals - MRC

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Wed Feb 11 06:24:20 UTC 2009

On Di, 2009-02-10 at 00:10 -0800, Michael Robinson wrote:
> > Prove to me that I am wrong to state that God dislikes
> > homosexual sex acts among humans
> >That's an easy one.  I don't believe in God, so God doesn't like or
> >dislike anything.
>
> My belief in God is not essential for God to exist.

Here we go again. I do not see any new arguments from Mr. Robinson. He
continues with his anti-gay agenda, with effects equivalent to racism.
I am the one who called Mr. Robinson an anti-GLBT racist. I retain that
belief.

(However, I note that he has forgotten (?) to include his arguments
against the marriages of people like me, who do not intend to have
children.)

After a few messages last month where he denied using theological
arguments, he's reverted to them - while still claiming to be against
them. (BTW, if you want a good satire of this, see the movie Dogma - or
even Religulous, which I think is still playing at Laurelhurst.)

The right question is not of gay sex, but of happy relationships.

Now that I realize that his agenda threatens my marriage, I am motivated
to fight him and his ilk without fail.

There is a strong libertarian streak among Linux users, which is what I
believe leads to the support of the GLBT community seen here.

I note this is day 3 of the Freedom to Marry week:
http://www.freedomtomarry.org/ . To quote from that site:

'Evan Wolfson wrote, "Conversations with the circles of people around us
are the prerequisite to winning, the key to helping them push past their
discomfort, complacency, or indifference to becoming supportive of our
equality."'

Thanks,
Mike